We are looking for an RGN (nights) Pay rate £19.25 per hour.
Full Time – 36 hours
ROLE: Registered Nurse
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Home Manager
RESPONSIBLE TO: Home Manager
REPORTS TO: Home Manager
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: RGN (General Home) RMN (EMI Home)
AIMS: To promote and maintain a high standard of nursing care
- Carrying out all clinical nursing practices in accordance with the Care Procedures/Work Instructions documented in the Quality Manual.
- Participating in the teaching and training of other staff members of the nursing team as directed, assessing trainees where required.
- Maintaining all nursing records and keeping the residents Care Plans up to date.
- Communicating with the residents relatives and visitors, documenting and acting on any relevant details, reporting to the Home Manager where applicable.
- Carrying out agreed Procedures for improvement of the nursing services and the reduction of cross infection.
- Adhering to agreed Procedures for the ordering, administration and safe custody of drugs in accordance with the Nursing Home Policy.
- Assisting medical staff to carry out direct medical resident care where appropriate.
- Safeguarding the health, safety and welfare of residents, visitors and staff.
- Obtaining laboratory specimens, which are the responsibility of nursing staff.
- Participating in the reception and discharge of residents in accordance with the Nursing Home Policy.
- Ensuring that adequate support is given to other members of the Nursing Home staff.
- Assisting with the introduction of new Procedures for the improvement of care
- Undertaking the appraisal of other staff where requested by the Home Manager.
- Deputising for the Home Manager when required.
- Covering on-call when required.
- All other duties for the efficient running of the Nursing Home.
- Reporting and recording accurately all accidents and untoward incidents appertaining to residents, visitors and staff.
- Assisting and maintaining professional discipline in the Nursing Home.
- Co-operating with all other staff to promote and maintain a high standard of care, complying with all Quality Systems introduced by the Company.
- Reporting to the Manager all matters that affect the management of the Home.
- Participating in the introduction of new staff to their duties.
- Participating in staff meetings.
- Having a full knowledge of the Fire Procedures, fire escapes and a working knowledge of the fire fighting equipment in your area of work.
- Keeping abreast of the current Nursing Home Procedures and Policies.
- Discussing and promoting innovations that will improve care or economies.
- Keeping abreast with current Policies and Procedures involving care.
- Keeping up to date with all national nursing information by reading professional journals and literature.